What to do in Dubai?
In our recommendations we will also take into consideration your travel companions, whether they are relatives or friends.
In the evening and at night
How to experience Dubai by Night? What to do in the evening?
- Stroll through the clubs and shops of Dubai Marina;
- Watch the sunset from the terraces of Burj Khalifa;
- Have a drink at Burj Al Arab;
- Watch the Dubai Fountain “dance” and stroll downtown.
- Experience the rubble of the Deira district for less expensive and quieter evenings.
Alternatively, there are many places where you can go to experience the nightlife. Among the main ones we mention:
- Armani Prive;
- Buddha Bar;
- Boudoir Nightclub.
- All great places if you travel alone or with a group of friends.
Dubai is a city full of the most diverse attractions and in fact there is no shortage of attractions suitable for children.
If you are traveling as a family with your little ones, in addition to beaches, palaces and other tourist destinations of rare beauty, you can also find amusement parks, skating and ski rinks, aquariums, museums and much more.
Let’s see below the most suitable structures for a holiday with children:
- Ski Dubai. If you know how to ski this ski slope in the middle of the desert in the Mall of the Emirates is the one for you;
- The Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo. Located inside the Dubai Mall, it allows you to see different animal species;
- Aquaventure of Atlantis The Palm. One of the most beautiful water parks in the world;
- The Lost Chambers Aquarium. Also at Atlantis The Palm;
- The Mirzam Chocolate Makers. A visitable chocolate factory;
- The Dubai Miracle Garden, a colorful garden full of all kinds of flowers.
What to do with Friends:
Dubai is one of the most popular holiday destinations involving a group of friends. Precisely for this reason it is considered one of the pinkest places on the planet.
But what to do in Dubai with your friends?
- Massages and scrubs at the Oriental Hammam;
shopping at the Dubai Mall. Did you like it so much? Also pass by the Mall of the Emirates or the Dubai Marina Mall;
- A drink at the Skyview of Bury al-Arab. One of the most exclusive bars on the 27th floor of the famous 7-star hotel;
- See Dubai from the top of the Bury Khalifa. Fantastic after a brunch soaking in the pool (reservations required and the cost is at least € 70 per person);
- Watch the plays of water and light at the Dubai Fountain;
- Spend a night in the desert on an organized tour.
What to do for free?
We have seen that Dubai is a tourist destination that has attractions of all kinds, but rarely cheap.
It could therefore happen that at some point in your vacation, or while you are organizing it, you decide to save money.
Then you will wonder what you can do in Dubai without spending a euro:
- Admire the “dances” of the Dubai Fountain;
- Enjoy the sea, going to the beach at La Mer, The Beach, JBR The Beach, or Palm Jumeirah.
- Visit the various souks of the city, especially the Golden Souk.
What to do in August
First of all, it must be said that August is not the ideal month to visit Dubai, indeed, it is perhaps the worst.
The heat in summer can be unbearable: it is difficult for temperatures to drop below 35 ° C and are often above 40 ° C, plus the humidity is around 58%.
In short, an oven.
If you wonder when it is best to visit Dubai and how to best organize your vacation, read our dedicated in-depth study: The Complete Guide to Going to Dubai. Travel tips to fully enjoy the city.
In this season, however, it is advisable to visit the fairs and events that Dubai hosts in the summer.
Alternatively, you can indulge in different experiences inside the Malls, in particular the Dubai Mall, where you can take advantage of the air conditioning.
If you know how to ski, you can reach Ski Dubai, in the Mall of The Emirates, where there are always 25 ° C and there are ski slopes.
Another great idea may be to visit the museums and the Burj Khalifa: even in these buildings, you can get relief from air conditioning. For Visa Consultation Click here
Christmas and New Year in Dubai: what to do in one, two or three days?
Well, we’ve come to the end of our guide to the unforgettable places in the city and the activities you can do inside.
Before concluding, we wanted to present you a travel itinerary to experience an alternative Christmas and New Year, in the Dubai sun, and in the best season to visit the Arab Emirates.
In addition to all the attractions mentioned above, during Christmas you could also try other experiences typical of the period; let’s see them:
- Witness the lighting of the Christmas tree at Fairmont The Palm on 9 December;
- Go to the 11th December party at the Irish Village;
- Visit the Christmas markets;
- Go to the beach;
- Skate in the Dubai Mall or ski in the Mall of the Emirates.
- Many Christmas activities in a totally different context from what we are used to in Europe.
In addition, we try to suggest an itinerary for your Christmas holidays in the Emirate:
Day 1: Arrival in Dubai and hotel accommodation, first swim on the beach and evening in Dubai Marina.
Day 2: Visit to the Gold Souk. In the evening, transfer to Downtown to watch the Dubai Fountain show and sunset from the terraces of Burj Khalifa.
Day 3: Visit to the Burj al-Arab and other activities based on the flight schedule.