Athenahealth EHR offers a fully-featured suite of health IT solutions for healthcare practices to improve workflows and increase the quality of care. It enables medical facilities to manage billing, scheduling, appointment management, revenue management, and more. Users also take advantage of its charting and medical documentation capabilities. This cloud-based system offers robust deployment models and improved flexibility with mobile support so that clinicians can provide care on the go.
User reviews confirm that the solution lets clinicians and health providers focus on patient treatment without compromising clinical productivity and efficiency. Its patient portal allows patients to communicate with their physicians and participate actively in their care process. Athena medical software also provides features and tools that meet the demands of HIPAA and let the provider achieve compliance with ease.
Trusted by more than 160,000 healthcare providers, athenahealth offers a variety of products to accommodate multiple practice sizes, including:
- athenaCollector – a cloud-based practice management and revenue cycle service
- athenaCommunicator – a package of patient engagement tools, such as a self-scheduling solution, a patient portal, and a live option for clients to get in touch with an operator to streamline scheduling and make payments.
- athenaClinicals – an electronic medical records (EMR) system acclaimed by medical practices looking for improving productivity and reducing the work of the provider.
- athenaOne – Athena’s fully integrated cloud-based suite of solutions, including EHR system, practice management, and care coordination, bundled together.
- Epocrates – included in the EHR system, Epocrates offers clinical decision support in prescribing medicine while improving practice productivity.
Athenahealth EHR Key Features
Here’s a list of the Athena EMR features that users find the most useful and time-saving. Here is what they chose and why:
- Performance Reporting
It allows users to access real-time and comprehensive reports based on other clinics that use athenahealth to recognize patterns, establish benchmarks, and deliver more accurate treatment.
- Patient Portal
The patient portal enables patients to view their medical records, pay bills, sign documents, manage appointments, and track other vitals through mobile devices. Healthcare practitioners can also communicate with patients via video calls, messaging, or even notes.
- Population Health
Its population health management tools help providers stay connected to vital patient population data. Athena medical software provides network-based knowledge and automated outreach services from in-house analysis experts.
- Authorization Management
The vendor provides authorization management services to its EHR and practice management clients. It supports prior electronic authorization on clinical documentation using HSR-278 EDI standards with end-to-end visibility. Users can also keep track of changing payers’ rules.
- Care Coordination
Physicians can access and share data, view lab results, and track orders. It keeps sensitive information secure while enabling users to share data in real-time.
Athenahealth EHR Reviews: Pros and Cons
It is important to know what users like and dislike about athenahealth. Based on user reviews studied from multiple online sources, we summed up the following pros and cons:
- Most users view it as a “disruptor” in the industry.
- It offers a user-friendly patient portal.
- The patient portal lets users easily communicate with their providers, access lab results, and request prescription refills using their mobile devices.
- The athenahealth Marketplace offers multiple 3rd party applications that can be seamlessly integrated.
- It provides functionalities to increase daily traffic and reduce no-shows.
- Physicians can exchange important patient information from other clinics while adding necessary information to a patient’s chart in real-time.
- Athena EHR offers Practice Management solutions with low up-front costs.
- Some users have raised potential concerns with the robustness of Athenahealth’s billing system.
- Athenahealth pricing can include considerable costs for ongoing billing services.
- Some reviewers felt that entering or searching for data within the platform was difficult.
- It does not come with an integrated telehealth solution.
- Athena EMR does not include handwriting recognition.
Athenahealth Practice Management Solution
Athena EMR reviews vouch for the fact that the practice management system is one of their strongest selling points. It helps practices efficiently automate their day-to-day tasks and has shown proven results with a track record of medical facilities getting paid 32% quicker and resolving 94% of their claims in the first attempt.
They claim that users don’t have to pay for software installations, licenses, or upgrades. Athena also confirms that there are no disruptive upgrades. If you are looking for a good cloud-based practice management solution, you should definitely check out athenaCollector.
How is Athenahealth Dedicated to Consumer Satisfaction?
- The platform depends on its Customer Success Managers to ensure user satisfaction with its entire range of products.
- It relies on athena EMR reviews to shape future product changes or additions. It achieves this task through an app available in their Marketplace called the BirdEye platform. This allows the vendor to capture, analyze, and market customer feedback through online reviews.
- Consumer feedback helps Athena drive innovation and improve operations. This allows them to grow better and attract more customers.
Athenahealth EHR offers comprehensive features to streamline daily tasks for care providers. User reviews for the product confirmed that it provides all the functionalities that practices require to run efficiently. Many users also felt that it was easy to navigate and offered excellent customer support that quickly resolved most of their concerns. However, there were also instances where users complained that they couldn’t customize the solution to suit their workflows. Despite the stated facts, we suggest you conduct well-rounded research to determine if it delivers all the tools you need to improve patient care and grow your practice. You can also look for athenahealth reviews and tutorials on FindEMR.