Adolescence is a kind of border that separates childhood and adolescence for teenage boys. This is the period when boys begin to show more interest in their own appearance, and, accordingly, in their wardrobe. In adolescence, guys tend to prefer comfortable clothes. But are already starting to pay attention to the current fashion trend.
By carefully studying the sales markets associated with the sale of clothing for guys today, manufacturers are trying to meet demand. The criteria most loved by adolescents and important for every young man is an extraordinary combination of simplicity and convenience with modern fashion. It is these indicators that dictate the current direction of teenage fashion.
Dressing a teenage boy is not easy for parents. Not only is the wardrobe of a growing child supposed to consist of things for any occasion (for the street and school, for going on a visit or going to the cinema, for playing sports), but boys are also much more finicky than girls, and it is much more difficult to please them.
To understand the issue under consideration, you should familiarize yourself in more detail with the main trends in fashion, which, as a rule, are most interesting for teenage boys.
The main styles and trends in clothing for teens
The interests of the teenager, as well as the frequent desire of children to look older than their years, have a significant influence in the acquisition of a certain style of clothing. We propose to consider fashion trends that today can be considered the most in demand among the younger generation.
- Business. Teenagers who prefer to look older than their age use a variety of accessories to create a complete look, such as ties or bow ties. Suits are worn in combination with formal shirts. They prefer nice shoes. All this creates the image of a businesslike and serious person.
- Romantic. This style is indicated by the use of hats in their wardrobe by boys, for example, hats, products of delicate pastel colors made of comfortable fabrics. This includes wearing tight shoes.
- Sports. Already from the name itself it is clear that this includes things that are intended for sports. These are all kinds of sweaters, sweatpants or shorts and special shoes. Depending on the type of sport, there may be different types of loads, therefore, sportswear for teenagers from 14 years of age and older is produced taking into account these features.
- Style with ethnic motives. Wardrobe items, usually loose-fitting with multiple decorative elements, represent the most relaxed style. Usually, these clothes are made from natural materials. To some extent, this trend resembles hippies with its emancipation.
- Casual. The most common and probably the most versatile style today. It is very popular among teenagers due to the fact that, dressing in this style, a teenager does not cause irritation and misunderstanding among adults, but at the same time he remains inimitable and unique.
What are the main features of a teenager’s wardrobe?
All adolescents in one way or another strive to attract as much attention to their person as possible, and therefore appearance always has a special meaning for them. They want to be part of a company, and in order to have some kind of authority in it, they need to look no worse than their peers. They already know what they meet by their clothes, but due to the lack of experience, choosing things becomes a very difficult task for the children. After all, even for parents, the question of how to dress their teenage child sometimes becomes a difficult problem, unlike buying clothes for girls. As a rule, buying clothes for girls is not a problem, since the mothers themselves were girls. But when purchasing clothes for boys, it can be difficult for them to navigate.
In most cases, it is not enough that the teenager likes clothes. It is important to observe the line between the decent look of your child and the fact that he does not stand out among his peers. In addition, things must be of high quality, it is desirable to wear for a long time and with pleasure. And many boys are very different from girls in that they don’t really like, in principle, the process of buying things and going shopping, especially if it takes a long time. Therefore, moms of teenage boys very often have to buy things alone, including all their knowledge and intuition.
But if you take into account some points, you can always find a way out of the most difficult situation. You just need to remember that:
- Clothing for boys over 14 years old should be fashionable, practical and versatile enough.
- Boys at this age strive to assert themselves, denying boredom and routine. Therefore, if you want your child to accept and appreciate the things you bought, do not skimp on the purchase, it is better to buy original branded clothes for him, it will allow the child to somehow stand out among his peers.
- At this age, it is very important for a teenager not to get lost among other guys, but the main thing here is not to overdo it. The company may react negatively if the difference from peers is very strong. Therefore, it is necessary to select a wardrobe for the boy that suits his interests, as well as taking into account his environment.
- It is desirable that the teenager’s things also have multifunctionality because they are very energetic and spend a lot of time outside the home – study, friends, training. Most often, things are used that can be instantly put on.
What clothes are the most fashionable at the moment
Clothing for teenagers after the age of 14 is becoming more and more diverse, despite the prevailing opinion that things for children should not be bright colors and diverse styles. But, following new trends in fashion, clothes are becoming more and more diverse, because the modern lifestyle helps to get rid of restrictions. But for parents, a difficult task arises: since adolescents often lack a sense of proportion, they react very strongly to other people’s assessments, as well as to advertising. And the parents must help the boy to deal with all this.
Modern designers boldly combine classic and youth styles for boys, which looks very organic, although it seems completely incompatible. This gives the image of a teenager a little solidity, helps to seem more mature.
The child spends most of his time, of course, at school, where, despite all his restlessness and mobility, he should look good. Not all schools today have a uniform. If the institution where your child is studying is one of them, you yourself will have to take care of how your boy will look at school, and pick up several sets for him yourself. Moreover, it is worth choosing clothes in a very careful way. There must be a suit in the wardrobe. It is better to choose shirts in classic, plain, and light colors. There should also be a separate (not a suit) jacket and classic black trousers (preferably) branded clothing. Several turtlenecks, T-shirts and tank tops useful in any situation, it is preferable to choose them in white, black, red and blue. Classic style shoes are welcome. Use of a tie or bow tie is possible.
In springtime, it is preferable to wear shirts of calm, monochrome tones, or striped and checked, which will also look good. Various sweaters and cardigans in bright colors deserve special attention. Fashionable denim jackets, which have returned their popularity, will help to create a somewhat “daring” image. Like blazers, they can be worn over classic shirts, or with a variety of plain or colored tees.
In summer, teenagers still wear a variety of T-shirts and T-shirts, linen trousers or shorts are welcome. All types are popular in the summer season. They can be wide or long, in various colors. Shorts are also popular because they are comfortable, practical, fit any figure, often have large pockets, which is very attractive for the guys. Boys will also appreciate the comfortable denim shirts that have been around for several seasons.
In autumn and winter, teenagers will feel confident in a fashionable oversized jacket with rivets. They also hide body flaws. It is advisable to buy a few plaid shirts for the child, complementing all this with a checkered vest or sweater. They work best with dark-colored jeans. These teenage things are sometimes even somewhat provocative and attract a lot of attention due to the colors.
In the autumn and winter seasons, coats and parkas, leather jackets, bomber jackets, jeans, as well as trousers in the style of minimalism are relevant. Bulky pullovers with a hoodie are also suitable. The materials from which winter clothing is made must retain heat, do not allow moisture to pass through, be durable and at the same time do not hinder movement. Insulated jackets can be worn with semi-overalls. Outerwear made of materials such as polyester, membrane or fabric for raincoats with fleece lining and filled with padding polyester or padding polyester performs these functions perfectly. A parka jacket can be an excellent choice because it is quite warm, but the material does not interfere with heat transfer.
The main advantage of jeans clothing is its versatility, of course. Purchase at least two pairs of different jeans for your child. The dark blue products are perfect not only for meetings with their classmates but also for official events. Dark jeans should be worn with some brightly colored T-shirts, dress shirts, and denim jackets are also good. If you wear jeans with a light-colored sweater or a beautiful sweater, you can safely go for a walk, and in combination with various jackets, you will get a great business look.
Yes, denim shirts are still popular, and every teenager should have jeans in their wardrobe for different occasions (for walking, going to the theater, cinema or dancing, and another pair for some business events. It is preferable to choose jeans that are not will lose their presentation immediately, or after the first wash, and will be able to withstand several seasons of wear teenage boys.
The most fashionable hairstyles
No look will look as stylish as possible without the appropriate hairstyle. The most versatile is a short haircut, such as an undercut, which does not take long to groom every day. Haircuts with bangs contribute to self-expression. Also, teens love options such as gavroche, hail and andy. To make the image more harmonious and deliberate, the hairstyle should correspond as much as possible to the character of the teenager and his temperament. Styled hairstyles such as kok or square are suitable for guys who prefer long hair.
For each occasion, a set of clothes
The most important thing is that the child himself should like things, then he will wear them often and with pleasure. Also, clothing should be as versatile as possible and emphasize individuality.
- For walking. Clothes for walking outdoors should be comfortable so that teenage boys can comfortably run, jump, and play various games in them teenage boys. It is important that she does not hinder movement in any way. And since an active pastime on the street with friends takes a very long time, such clothes should be sufficiently durable and of high quality.
- For Sport. Recently, designers have been paying special attention to models and cuts of teenage clothing, trying to create the most comfortable options. Many different models have been developed for boys, differing from each other in style, material and color. Sportswear should first of all be comfortable, comfortable and not impede movement. It is necessary to ensure that things are made of natural fabrics. It is these products that have the ability to let air through, and this is a very important point when choosing sportswear. It is easy to clean, does not fade, does not shed and, most importantly, does not cause allergies. In addition, clothes should never be small or large, as this will create discomfort when worn.
- For celebrations. In the life of any boy, events happen when circumstances require, and he himself wants to look especially elegant and festive. Birthdays of relatives and friends, various school events: Christmas tree, last bell and graduation, all kinds of intermediate holidays.
- Casual. It is not necessary for a boy to have a lot of clothes, it is much more important if they are multifunctional and go well with each other teenage boys. But it is advisable to have such necessary things in the teenager’s wardrobe as:
What clothes are best for different age groups
Boys between the ages of 11 and 17 are already teenagers. As they get older, the interests and priorities of adolescents can change significantly each year.
Clothes with images of favorite characters from movies, books, cartoons or even computer games will really appeal to boys 11-12 years old. Things with the logos of famous music groups, as well as with images of athletes, pop stars, actors and the like teenage boys, are in particular demand among 12-13-year-olds.
Naturally, boys grow up, and at the age of 14-17, interest in the opposite sex already arises. In order to attract the attention of girls, boys try to dress more deliberately in order to look mature and respectable. For this, many take the images of popular movie characters as a basis.
What designers advise when choosing fashionable clothes.
- T-shirts and T-shirts, on which a variety of original prints are drawn, have long been loved by all teenagers. But here you need to take into account the preferences and interests of the child himself, of course.
- Summer clothing should preferably be made of lightweight materials, better than natural materials, and fairly loose.
- Glossy elements are great for metallic shades.
- Jeans, popular in spring and autumn, are suitable for white sneakers and sneakers, as well as shoes in dark colors.
- A universal rule at all times – shoes must be clean.
- If you want to make a good impression, try not to overstep the bounds of the permissible, do not mix several styles at once. This can lead to the creation of a not very successful image and cause a backlash.
- It is natural for all young people to want to look fashionable. Help him find the most correct solutions.