In recent years we have seen most of the debated topics and one of them is Laravel vs. CodeIgniter. For developing custom solutions with PHP development it is important to use a PHP MVC framework. Generally, there are various types of PHP MVC framework is available on the web but the most popular among them is Laravel & CodeIgniter frameworks. Laravel and CodeIgniter are the most trusted & popular PHP frameworks but choosing the right one for your project required some parameters to count on.
What is Laravel?
Laravel is created by Taylor Otwell, it is a free open-source PHP framework that follows the MVC architecture pattern developed specifically for web app development. Laravel is released under MIT license and the source code of Laravel is hosted on GitHub where it adopts accurate & expressive language rules. Laravel has the database model as relational object-oriented including a blade template engine.
Why should you use Laravel?
Laravel Support for Eloquent ORM, MySQL, SQLServer, and PostgreSQL Laravel has powerful authentication & great documentation. Laravel grants you to administer constraints between multiple Database Management objects. Laravel will help you to generate new tools with LOC containers. Laravel doesn’t require any manual maintenance because of the equipped auto-loading feature. Laravel provides a version control system that guides you in a simplified management of migration.
Top Features of Laravel
- Eloquent ORM
- Libraries & Modular
- Migration system for databases
- MVC Architecture Support
- Template Engine
Top Benefits of Laravel
Laravel provides you out of the box assimilation with front-end development. Laravel is flexible and each vital component can be easily extendable & injectable in it. Magnificent Eloquent ORM improves development speed and Laravel also provides a small learning curve. Laravel is equipped with clear syntax in most of the components and it is easy to find the answer because it has a massive community on larachat & GitHub. Laravel has insane CLI, mail queues, and much more.
In case you are looking to hire Laravel developer, you must look for strong command in:
- Laravel developer should know the process of Eloquent ORM.
- A developer should know how to do Migration and views.
- They should Request initiation and input
- Obviously they should know the basic installation as well as configuration of Laravel.
What is CodeIgniter?
CodeIgniter is an open-.source web development framework used for building dynamic websites with the help .of PHP platform. CodeIgniter is a PHP framework and not a PHP substitute. CodeIgniter provides a library for combining to the database and execute various operations.
CodeIgniter is an object-oriented event-driven functional that includes PHP proprietary.
Why should you use CodeIgniter?
- CodeIgniter provides simple customization of configuration files
- CodeIgniter built on a linear and easy-to-use folder structure
- Applying a new functionality won’t affect the customization at all
- You can construct your cleaner URI lines
- CodeIgniter allows you to streamline the code underlying your web pages
- CodeIgniter provides a simple routing method
- CodeIgniter has structured & clear documentation
For an enhanced performance & loading times, CodeIgniter grants you to cached Website
Top Features of CodeIgniter
- Security and XSS Filtering
- Query Builder Database Support
- Extremely Lightweight
- Data Encryption
- Error Logging
- Form and Data Validation
- Full Page Caching
- Session Management
- Full-Featured database classes with support for several platforms.
Top Benefits of CodeIgniter
Developers likes CodeIgniter for configuration because of effort investment. You only have to upload files to your server and you are off instead of pear packages to the get the framework up. CodeIgniter provides you the easiest way to utilize a modular program. CodeIgniter is equipped with a fantastic performance, as well as a presentation. CodeIgniter has built-in libraries such as validation, uploading, zip encoding, calendar, e-mail, unit testing.
- A good developer should know Installation as well as configuration of CodeIgniter.
- They should be aware of the Use of Security Tools.
- CodeIgniter developer should know Model View Controller.
- They should be familiar with Other PHP frameworks.
From the above, it is clear that both frameworks have their benefits & relevance. Therefore it depends on your project requirement that which one will be the best among others. For now it’s clear that Laravel Development has a little edge compared to CodeIgniter Development. If you have any doubts and feedback, feel free to ask in the comment section. Shiv Technolabs Pvt.ltd has expertise in building CodeIgniter & Laravel web app development. If you are looking for the above services then contact us now, we are happy to provide you our best assistance.