Perhaps, you might have once loved wearing the vintage jewelry everywhere you go. But now with the modest trends and the updated versions of the vintage and antique jewelry those designs might not fit your dressing style. Or it doesn’t fulfil your purpose of wearing that piece of jewelry. Because as time passes, the vintage jewelry tends to lose their appeal and look more dull and stiff, and brassy.
A vintage jewelry or antique jewelry you never wear is a great form of making some cash out of it. After all, if the thing is futile for you, you can make something useful out of it. Now, let’s check how to identify the worth of your Antique vintage jewelry.
Steps To Identify The Worth Of Your Vintage Jewelry
Follow the steps mentioned below and get an estimation of your piece of jewelry in a very simple way.
- Identify Vintage Jewelry- There are chances that the jewelry that you are talking about might not be vintage. Therefore, sit and think about where you bought it. If you’ve got the piece of jewelry from a retail shop it isn’t vintage. And if you snagged it from some flea market. Yes, it is vintage or Victorian jewelry.
- Once you figure that out- Analyze the design and research about the style of your Victorian jewelry. Determine from which century it belongs to.
Note- Vintage jewelry is not as old as the antique jewelry. Victorian pieces of jewelry are considered to be around 20-30 years old. If you have a piece of jewelry that is around 100 years old that is more likely to be antique and will make great cash for you too.
Check out the designs, clasps, and research about your jewelry and check out the trending prices paid for those cuts. Search for the buyer and sell your jewelry at the best profitable prices.
Do’s and Dont’s before You Buy Vintage, Antique and Victorian Jewelry
If you are ready to make a big jewelry investment check out these do’s and don’ts before you buy any jewelry pieces.
- Buy what you love by also considering whether it will stand or not by the test of time
- Always look at your collection as an investment
- Research briefly about what you are buying, without committing to it just by looking at it.
- Be open to buying unsigned pieces and research about them too
- Be patient and build your collection slowly rather than making it at once
- Do not buy pieces that have no information or any specific background
- Don’t buy a brand just because it is a brand. Search for something unique always
- Don’t rush into buying many pieces together. Always remember, less is the new more!
- Don’t limit yourself to shop online. Rather visit many auction houses and search for the best prices.
The monetary value of jewelry is all over the place. It depends on you which jewelry piece you select and those factors will make the best jewelry collection for you. There is a great craze for vintage and antique jewelry therefore, be very careful while picking any piece without doing any research!