Orals problems can give you more trouble than you can imagine. It not only causes pain and discomfort but can lead to several health issues. Apart from visiting the London dentist regularly and following your oral hygiene routine, consider eating food that would keep your dental conditions healthy. In this article, we will talk about five foods that would improve your teeth’ health.
The teeth-healthy food
- Dairy products: All dairy products, including milk, cheese, and yogurt, are great for your teeth. They encourage your body to produce more saliva, which acts as a protective shield around your teeth. They are also high in protein and calcium, which improves your teeth’ strength, but make sure you are consuming the unsweetened version.If you are lactose-intolerant, go for any nut milk like soy, almond, or cashew.
- Leafy vegetables: The green leafy vegetables benefit your teeth and your body as a whole. You should regularly consume vegetables in your diet as they are a strong source of vitamins and minerals. They encourage your body to produce more saliva that keeps your enamel clean and reduces plaque deposition.
- Raw vegetables: Raw fruits and vegetables like carrots can do wonders for your teeth. Chewing them enhances your dental strength. The chewing procedure also interferes with the plaque formation on teeth, keeping them clean and bacteria-free. You can make salads using your favorite vegetables and consume them as a whole meal. Also, rather than consuming unhealthy snacks, you can go for fruits like apples that would benefit your body’s health and your teeth.
- Vitamin C: consuming food items rich in Vitamin C can improve your gum health, improving your overall dental conditions. Make sure to include Vitamin C rich food like citrus, tomatoes, broccoli, potatoes, etc., in your regular diet. You can make various lip-smacking dishes using these items but make sure not to cook them too much or deep fry them, as that would lead to the loss of nutrients from them.
- Water: having an adequate amount of water throughout the day would wash away all the sugars and take the acids off your teeth. Water that is rich in fluoride can protect your teeth from erosion, making them healthier. It keeps your body hydrated and is great for your overall health.
These are some of the best food items for keeping your teeth healthy. Do consume them regularly to get stronger and healthier teeth. You should avoid food that can cause harm to your dental health, like chewy candy or soda. Tea, coffee, etc., can cause stains on your teeth, so if you want a beverage, go for fruit juices without artificial sweeteners. Make wise choices and live a healthy life.